Premises Liability

Middlesex Premises Liability Lawyer

Private landowners and government entities have a duty to maintain their property in a safe condition and warn people of any potential dangers. However, many of them fail to do so and as a result innocent people are severely injured. If you have been injured on private or public property, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injures, including medical care, permanent injuries, scarring and disfigurement, pain and suffering, lost wages and more. If someone you love has been seriously injured or killed on another’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium and/or wrongful death.

Places where people are often injured include:

  • Private residences, such as houses and apartments
  • Parking lots
  • Construction sites
  • Restaurants
  • Government property. This can include streets, sidewalks, parking structures, parks and buildings
  • Businesses and retail shopping centers

Premises liability cases often involve slip and fall injuries resulting from unsafe conditions such as:

  • Slippery floors
  • Narrow stairways
  • Defective or broken stairs
  • Inadequate lighting
  • Uneven or broken walking surfaces
  • Inadequate, damaged or missing handrails
  • Cluttered or debris-filled walkways
  • Potholes

If you are injured on someone else’s property, you should document the circumstances surrounding your injury as thoroughly as possible. Pictures of the scene and your injuries make for particularly powerful evidence and protect against property owners claiming that your injuries were not their fault. In slip and fall cases, it is important to keep the shoes you were wearing at the time (but don’t continue to wear them).

Tenants’ rights

Landlord’s, just like other property owners, must keep their property in a “safe and habitable condition” and warn people of any potential dangers. When they do not, and a tenant or visitor is injured, the landlord is liable. A tenant can also sue for damages to personal property, such as a vehicle, television or computer that results from unsafe conditions or faulty maintenance.

If you have been injured on another person’s property, whether public or private, contact the Woburn premises liability lawyers at Contant Law today. We will advance all costs associated with handling your case and charge a fee only if we recover compensation on your behalf.

Michael A. Contant, Esq.

Get your questions answered - Call or text for a free consultation (617) 227-8383.