Middlesex Car Accident Lawyer
Injuries suffered as a result of a car crash can have devastating consequences on your life and that of your family. If the crash was the result of another driver’s carelessness, negligence or recklessness, we can help you get money to cover your medical expenses, property loss, lost wages, scarring and disfigurement, and pain and suffering. In addition, if someone you love has been killed or seriously injured in an accident involving another vehicle, we can help you obtain compensation for loss of consortium and/or wrongful death.
Working with insurance companies.
When you have been injured in a car crash, you must understand that the person or party responsible for your injury is almost always represented by an insurance company, which in turn has its own team of lawyers and investigators. It is important that you do not try to speak with the insurer before consulting with us. The insurance company representing the other driver will probably try to negotiate its way out of responsibility, or at least try to delay making an adequate payment for as long as possible. Even if they offer a quick settlement, one that seems enticing, you may find that it proves inadequate to meet medical expenses resulting from your injuries over time.
We are experts at working with insurance companies. We know how to negotiate with them on your behalf for a just settlement. If the opposing insurance company will not offer an adequate settlement, we are prepared to take your case to trial. We will use our experience, mastery of automobile injury law and the input of experts in accident reconstruction, engineering and medicine to achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
What to do following an accident.
We recommend that you do all of the following to strengthen your case (if possible):
- Get contact and other identifying information about the individual who caused the accident. Be sure to document the driver’s license, registration and plate number, and insurance company. Use your cell phone’s camera to photograph these items, as well as the person driving the vehicle
- Get the contact information of anyone at the scene. Impartial witnesses can make the difference when two drivers blame each other for the crash
- Call the police and make sure that the police officer who arrives at the scene writes an accident report
- Photograph your vehicle, the vehicle belonging to the person who struck you, and the area surrounding the scene of the accident
- Write down as much as possible about the accident, specifically how it happened, injuries sustained and damage to your car
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries, including those of a serious nature, do not show symptoms right away. Explain to your doctor exactly how you were injured
- Contact us as soon as possible for advice and representation
The Woburn car accident lawyers at Contant Law are dedicated to helping you get all of the compensation you deserve. Even if you feel you were partially responsible for the accident, we may still be able to help you obtain compensation. Contact us today for a free evaluation of your case. Our services will cost you nothing unless we get compensation on your behalf.
Get your questions answered - Call for complimentary strategy session (617) 227-8383.