Middlesex Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Riding a bike is great exercise, environmentally friendly and a ton of fun. Unfortunately, when cyclists are involved in accidents with motor vehicles, the injuries are often severe. If you have been injured by the negligence of another, we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Cyclists often crash and sustain injuries because of:
- Careless and negligent drivers
- Sand, gravel or other debris in the road
- Road construction
- Defects such as potholes in pavement and sidewalks
- Chain, tire, rim and other defects in the bike itself
- Defects in protective gear
Severe injuries to cyclists include head trauma, spinal trauma, fractured and/or broken bones, disfigurement, paralysis and concussion. Many of these injuries require ongoing, complicated medical treatment. The cost of such care is often financially devastating for the cyclist and his or her family.
Our Woburn bike accident attorneys can obtain compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages and diminished quality of life. We will make claims against the other vehicle’s driver, the driver’s insurance company and third parties whose negligence may have been partially responsible for the accident. If the cyclist was seriously injured or killed, we can pursue a claim for loss of consortium and/or wrongful death on behalf of the cyclist’s loved ones.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, here are some steps you can take following the accident to help strengthen your case and maximize your chance of receiving compensation:
- Contact the police immediately
- Insist that the responding officer files an accident report
- Use your cell phone to take pictures of your injuries, damage to your bike, damage to the vehicle that struck you, and the accident scene itself
- Obtain medical attention as soon as possible for any injuries you have suffered
- Try to obtain as much information as possible about the driver who struck you, including his or her name, address, phone number, vehicle information and insurance company. Use your cell phone to photograph the person, their license, registration and license plate
- Try to get the names and contact information of witnesses
Finally, you should contact the Woburn bicycle accident lawyers at Contant Law as soon as possible. Your consultation is free and you won’t have to pay us a dime unless we obtain compensation for your injuries.
Get your questions answered - Call or text for a free consultation (617) 227-8383.