It’s unfortunate but true that you will suffer a slip, trip, and fall accident at some point in your life. Even worse, these slip & fall accidents are, in many cases, not your fault. These slip, trip, and fall incidents can happen anywhere, and you must know precisely what to do after your accident.
This is especially valid if someone (or some company) negligence caused your injuries, and your fall wasn’t your fault at all.
There are five things to do right after your accident, and they’re mandatory for your health and financial stability.
- Seek proper medical treatment immediately – Your health, or the health of a friend or loved one, is the priority after your slip & fall accident. If you’ve been injured, you must see your doctor immediately, so your injuries can be treated and adequately documented. Those medical records are vital if you seek rightful compensation for your injuries.
- Report your accident immediately – If your slip, trip, and fall accident happens in a store, sidewalk, workplace, or at your friend’s house, report it without hesitation. Obtain them in writing, and demand that the manager, owner, or landlord provide a written report, and get a copy before you leave.
- Document everything the best you can – It’s essential to collect all witnesses’ names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses. These statements are valuable as they could help prove your personal injury claim if you decide to sue. Take photos of where you fell and include any stairs, icy patches, or other conditions that contributed to your accident.
- Never give a statement at the scene – Always attempt to remain calm, and limit your communication with the property owner, manager, or colleagues. Never post details related to your accident on social media! Never give a statement to an insurance company until you’ve received legal advice. Don’t try to place blame, but don’t admit any either.
- Consult with your lawyer – Slip & Fall injuries can be severe, and you may need to take legal action to get the compensation you need to recover and financially thrive. Consulting with an experienced, empathetic Woburn personal injury law firm is the optimal path to follow. Since
Litigating slip, trip, and fall cases are complex and challenging, and a successful Woburn law firm best serves your interests. Consult your lawyer, as your physical and financial health, may depend on it.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do For Me?
Admittedly, you may be unsure whether you need an attorney to manage your case. There are three ways your slip, trip, and fall lawyer can help you, they are:
- They will handle all the legal paperwork specific to your case – Slip, trip, and fall cases are usually confusing, but your experienced law team will take care of all the details. It’s more important that you focus on your recovery.
- They’ll know and meet all the legal deadlines – If you’re hurt in a slip and fall accident, you only have a limited time to file your legal claims.
- They’ll treat you and your family like the people you are, not a case number – This means that they’ll fight for your interests, keep you posted about your case and make sure you understand your options.
You don’t needlessly have to pay medical bills from your accident due to someone else’s negligence. Your experienced, knowledgeable, successful legal professionals have all the resources to win your case and will be with you from start to finish.
How Does My Personal Injury Lawyer Prove Negligence In a Slip & Fall?
There are commonly three significant areas that your Woburn slip & fall lawyer will address and prove to win your case.
- Liability – The party you are suing has a duty of care and was negligent in performing their duty of care to keep you safe.
- Negligence – The sued party breached their duty, and you (as the plaintiff) were injured due to that breach.
- Responsibility/Fault – This breach of duty, or negligence on the sued parties’ part, was a significant factor in causing your injuries.
There are other legal names for a “Slip and Fall” accident, but many types of harmful incidents can occur on private or business property. Your unique case will be treated as such by your experienced Woburn personal injury law team.
What Are Some Common “Slip & Fall” Injuries?
Many common slip & fall injuries may be minor, but others can (and will) be life-changing. You will lose weeks or months from work and find yourself drowning in unforeseen medical expenses.
Slips & falls also result in injury so dire that you can need medical help for the rest of your life.
Also, Slip and falls are quite common types of personal injuries, 2nd only to auto accidents.
Some of the more common injuries are:
- Head, neck & brain injuries – Slip and fall cases on all kinds of surfaces can cause an impact hard enough for you to receive a concussion or worse. On almost any surface, the actual twisting motion of your head and neck and the impact can cause a head, neck, or brain injury.
- Soft tissue injuries – Soft tissue injury may affect a tendon, muscle, ligament, fascia, skin, or other fibrous tissue in the body. Even a soft tissue injury like a sprained ankle may include tears in the tendon, muscle, or ligament. These injuries require surgery and long-term recuperative care.
- Bruising and lacerations – Lacerations and bruising can also be quite severe. The most common bruising usually occurs on the limbs, and most lacerations affect your head or hips.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can be profoundly serious, especially when severed or compressed (as in an impact injury). These injuries can often be life-threatening and usually require long-term medical care. This care is costly and commonly takes millions of dollars to treat.
I’ve Been Injured In a Slip & Fall; How Should I Proceed?
First, never take any injury lightly and get yourself medically treated and evaluated as soon as possible. Also, if you even consider that negligence might have contributed, consult with your personal injury law team immediately.
This is the most sensible step to take, particularly if your injuries are grave or you believe your condition could worsen. By consulting with an experienced, empathetic Woburn personal injury lawyer, you can be sure to obtain qualified, expert advice and know all your legal options. Your law team will have represented myriad clients in slip & fall cases and will know how to proceed. Consult with them for your and your family’s sake, and never leave your future to chance.