Private landowners and government entities have a duty to maintain their property in a safe condition and warn people of any potential dangers. However, many of them fail to do so and as a result innocent people are severely injured. If you have been injured on private or public property, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injures, including medical care, permanent injuries, scarring and disfigurement, pain and suffering, lost wages and more. If someone you love has been seriously injured or killed on another’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium and/or wrongful death.

If you have been injured on another person’s property, whether public or private, you should secure an experienced personal injury attorney to build your case and maximize the chance to secure compensation for your injuries. At Contant Law, we are experts in personal injury premises liability cases and will work with you throughout the process to help build and defend your case. The process starts with an initial complimentary review of your case. You will not pay any legal fees unless we secure compensation on your behalf.

Places where people are often injured include:

  • Private residences, such as houses and apartments
  • Parking lots
  • Construction sites
  • Restaurants
  • Government property. This can include streets, sidewalks, parking structures, parks and buildings
  • Businesses and retail shopping centers

Premises liability cases often involve slip and fall injuries resulting from unsafe conditions such as:

  • Slippery floors
  • Narrow stairways
  • Defective or broken stairs
  • Inadequate lighting
  • Uneven or broken walking surfaces
  • Inadequate, damaged or missing handrails
  • Cluttered or debris-filled walkways
  • Potholes

Tenants’ Rights

Landlords like other property owners, must keep their property in a “safe and habitable condition” and warn people of any potential dangers. When they do not, and a tenant or visitor is injured, the landlord is liable. A tenant can also sue for damages to personal property, such as a vehicle, television or computer that results from unsafe conditions or faulty maintenance.

Information to Gather if Injured on Someone Else’s Property

  1. Take photos to document the circumstances surrounding your injury as thoroughly as possible.
  2. For a slip and fall case, keep the shoes you were wearing at the time of the slip and fall. Do not continue to wear them.
  3. If possible, identify other witnesses and gather their contact information.

What Our Clients Say

We’re here to answer your questions and help you throughout the process

Contact Us

10 Cedar Street, Suite 23
Woburn, MA 01801
(617) 227-8383 Call OR Text
(617) 944-9867 Fax
Office: M-F 8am-6pm
Phone or Text: 24/7
Get Contant in Your Contacts

Get Contant Law in your court.

Call, text or email and we will get right back to you. Fill out this form to schedule an initial complimentary consultation.